Monday, December 17, 2007

Panasonic PanaGeek Competition 2007

I attended the competition on last december 15 2007, Saturday in PJ Hilton. Beautiful hotel and nice food aside, the most interesting thing is the question itself. Here's my take on it.

The questions are slightly more difficult than what I anticipated. Consequently I did not prepared well. Could have used some study on operator precedence and etc. But what the hell...

The questions are broken into 3 sections. The first section aims to test your general C/C++ knowledge. If you can't get pass this, you probably won't do so well in the last 2 sections. In the second section, you have 2 major questions. For the first you get a question on arbitrary multiplication (something I've written before, to solve a n-factorial question). Basically you understand the code, and you answer questions based on it. For the second question, you are shown a flowchart of a hotel room vacant search problem, and you answer a few objective question on it. For the last section, there is 2 problems. For each you are expected to write your solution on the question paper itself. I wish I have slightly more time to complete the shortest path finder problem though *laughs*.

It was a great experience. I enjoyed every moment of it and if I did not win, I'll try again next year.

No comments: